this is me

This blog is for me and my friends.I don't appreciate anonymous comments.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Jaipur, Rajasthan, India

Nothing can be said in absolute certainity.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

The Dog Land

I am quite patriotic. I feel for my country and want to be a part of it's progress. I believe our country can progress and eventually be "great". But, after seeing today's news on t.v., I am sad to announce that India has gone to the dogs. What business do the B.J.P. and the Congress or the Shivsena or RSS/VHP or any other organization have with who does or doesn't support the Narmada Bachao Aandolan? Did anyone see the way people were brandishing the posters of Rang de Basanti with there chappals and jootas? Is our country only fool of ignorant heathens who are protesting against the NBA started by "Mehra" Patkar ( yes, some guy from Vadodara actually called Medha that!). Is this our nation's understanding of a problem that will make hundreds of thousands of poor farmers and tribals homeless, destroy the ecology of the region, lead to the extinction of thousands of species of flora and fauna (some of which may be still undiscovered- may be the cure for AIDS or cancer was in there?), and submerge miles upon miles of cultivable land? The real issue isn't Aamir Khan supporting the NBA. For Heaven's sake it isn't. It's our nations total lack of understanding of the problems that plague it. Almost half the country is uneducated. What the hell do they care if some celebrity joined some revolution? (They only care about their daily bread). I'm educated. I don't care. But I do care about the future of my country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home