this is me

This blog is for me and my friends.I don't appreciate anonymous comments.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Jaipur, Rajasthan, India

Nothing can be said in absolute certainity.

Monday, June 19, 2006

I, Me, Myself

A lot of people tell me that I am an extremely judgemental person and that I should change my world view. I agree. I am judgemental, and am often found lacking in discretion when passing comments about someone. But I do think that I have the prerogative to like or dislike anyone I please. And surely, I have the liberty of surrounding myself with people who are like me, who think and speak like me; who have similar tastes and who appreciate the same things that I do. I guess my sin is that I am too vocal about my displeasure(Subject ofcourse, to speaking out being considered a sin; which however, I am often assured is quite a positive quality). Why is holding radical views so controversial? I do hold strong opinions, whether they be based on a strong, logical foundation or are baseless and coloured is not of import. They are my views, and I hold them nevertheless. I never try to colour my audiences judgement or perspective; if this is found happening, it shows a lack of conviction and analytical faculties in the other party.I guess a balance can be reached if we are ready to change someone's image in our minds and hearts if our impression of them is proven wrong.

5 Comments:

Blogger this is me said...

why hasn't any one commented on this yet?

Monday, June 26, 2006 4:57:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that holding strong opinions is ok, as long as you are willing to alter them.
If you stick to what you believe with an irrational stubborness, then you are judgemental. After all, we all make judgemnets about someone or something in the first few seconds, minutes, days etc. But the important thing is to admit that we may be wrong, at least partly.
Also, never attach your ego to your opinions too much. Because then, instead of having an enriching discussion with someone, you take their disagreement personally and hammer away at their patience.
Some people hold strong opinions, because their opinions are closely linked to their sense of self-importance. In such a case, it is best if these opinions are kept locked in the safe of the mind, and unlocked only in moments of privacy, when one wishes to polish them and admire them, but not to expose them to the diversity of other people's world view.
Regards,
A concerned friend who wishes to remain anonymous due to the sensitive nature of this comment.

Sunday, July 02, 2006 4:59:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

babe if u were'nt outspoken as u r...id prob not knw u existed...
i told u tht i luv how u can be gud girl...but still be evil and wicked at d same time...
dnt change urself to conform to norms...then ud just be a phoney...and id rather u wid ur foot way down ur mouth...

Sunday, July 02, 2006 7:06:00 pm  
Blogger this is me said...

well, dear concerned anonymous friend,
thats exactly what i said. read tyhe last line of the blog again. Not that I,m not glad that I dont have anonymous concerned friend, I love the fact. But what I love even more is when they announce who they are. I think I might hazard a guess to who you are.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 10:44:00 am  
Blogger this is me said...

And come on, I won't eat you up just because you left a "sensitive" comment on my blog!

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 10:47:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home