this is me

This blog is for me and my friends.I don't appreciate anonymous comments.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Jaipur, Rajasthan, India

Nothing can be said in absolute certainity.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Change

I feel like I am changing. Change is inevitable, they say and so I am not consciously trying to subvert this change, but I guess this post is some sort of attempt to understand the change and the reason/s for it. Why do people change? And do people actually change or is it just the situations/other people/stimuli around them that change? Do people change or do their attitudes and perceptions change? If I am not the same Pallavi I was, say five months ago; If I am not even the same Pallavi I was five seconds ago, then which Pallavi am I? Who/which is the real Pallavi, if she exists at all? Is the person constant or are changes in the person constant? If it is change, how is it constant? If it is constant, why do we call it change? Change is the only constant they say. If I am changing, and you are changing, then we are both changing. Then the you who is reading this post now, is a different you from the you who read some other posts on this blog in the past. Then we must constantly reacquaint ourselves with all the selves that we are. For all the selves that we were, and perhaps are no more, are also us, aren't they?

5 Comments:

Blogger billie said...

and that is life :) and you got spammed. life is a journey- not a destination and that is why it is constantly changing. i am not the same person i was 10 years ago or 10 days ago- and that is the way it is supposed to be. it is funny that you wrote about change because it has been a topic on my mind lately. my mom is dying and that is going to be a huge change for me. it is already changing me in ways i can tell- and i am sure in ways i am not aware. questioning and embracing change is one way to deal. change isn't all good or all bad- it just is.

Saturday, November 25, 2006 5:54:00 am  
Blogger this is me said...

Thats very true, betmo. And thank you for visiting the blog. Its tough to not be afraid of change. Because you can't help it. An you can't do anything about it.

Saturday, November 25, 2006 11:23:00 am  
Blogger this is me said...

This was emailed to me by http://surabhisblog.blogspot.com
I don't know why she didn't just leave a comment here. Surabhi, if you didn't want the whole world and their twin sister to read this, well TOO BAD!!


i liked that"change" post. its GOOD!. keep blogging n keep writing (a little too often,though!).everytime i look forward 2 checkin ur blog n till few days back i saw that "red" thing still there from the diwali vacations. so we need more from u!
v've just bunked kanoria's 1st lec. n me n M are online.u (guessed right) r in a lec(as always.)
anyway, have fun till then !

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 10:23:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Change is like a roller-coaster ride:
You hesitantly board the monstrous vehicle. The initial descent gives you a sickening feeling in your stomach, like free-falling. You desperately clutch the person sitting next to you, only to find out that they're descending too, are don't really care if you hang on to them or not. A scream gets buried in your throat.
Before you can recover from the terror, you are swept upwards. A brief glimpse of the sky and down we go again. A while into this journey of ups and downs, you start to enjoy it. Hmmm...flux can be fun. And then you get on the roller-coaster again, because its kinda thrilling. Change is nature's way of telling us that complacency is dangerous.
Dear me, I think I just wrote myself a blog-post. Keep blogging Pallavi. It helps me stay sane sometimes:)
Archu

Sunday, December 31, 2006 3:15:00 pm  
Blogger this is me said...

well archu, whay you say is true, but nevertheless the human condition is that we are all afraid of change. it terrorizes us. even though we know its inevitable. thats the dope of being human. you gotta put up with it.

Sunday, January 28, 2007 5:18:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home