this is me

This blog is for me and my friends.I don't appreciate anonymous comments.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Jaipur, Rajasthan, India

Nothing can be said in absolute certainity.

Friday, March 16, 2007

The trials and tribulations of Penurious Pallavi

Time and time again I find my self in an impecunious state. The month is just on the half way mark, I haven't had any major expenditure... how, how and why do I find myself so flatly and completely broke? But this is the truth of my life. Never before have I been so hard up. For heavens sake, I didn't have money to get my phone recharged. But I guess everyone sees these days.
I guess having no money simplifies life. Of course all my immediate needs are already met. I don't really need to buy anything that's immediately necessary to my survival. But on the other hand, if I did have money, I would be faced with a mountain of choices. Suppose if I went to anda pav, I would have to ask my self to eat or not to eat? If I don't want to eat, there's no problem; but should I decide to eat, I have to decide what to eat? Indian or Chinese? If Indian then what? If Chinese then what? Do I want a Pepsi to go with it or should I have tea? But now, since I have no money, No Choices, No Decisions, No Problem, No Worry!!
Guess it pays to be poor.

2 Comments:

Blogger Surabhi Pratap said...

sometimes it is god. but then in these situations i always feel the ned to take up a job or find a means from where i can support myself.
spending is a part of human existence. n if one doesnt spend, its simply illogical n unnatural! we live to spend n without soending we dont get anything!
Most of the times i feel like i should start earning as soon as possible!
n i know once i do, i'll never think twice before treating myself!

Monday, March 19, 2007 2:27:00 pm  
Blogger this is me said...

you say we live to spend.. sometimes i feel we spend to live. we need to spend so that we feel like we're living. what do you think?

Friday, March 23, 2007 9:38:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home