this is me

This blog is for me and my friends.I don't appreciate anonymous comments.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Jaipur, Rajasthan, India

Nothing can be said in absolute certainity.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Twenty second June, 2006

It finally rained.
After a long, long, long wait.
It rained long and hard.
The oppressive afternoons and the long, stretched out evenings,and
the colourful skies had been announcing monsoon for a long time.
But when it finally happened, it wasn't a moment too soon.

I especially love rain when it's accompanied by lots of thunder and lightning. It just seems so alive. And at times the lightning is so magnificent, it turns the night into day for a few brilliant moments. I feel connected to some primitive force of Nature at such times.

Rain in Mumbai is very different from rain in my home town. When it rains in Jaipur, it's almost like a celebration. It's a celebration of nature. Jaipur is settled in a valley, surrounded by pre-historic hills covered by desert vegetation. It takes just one intense spell of rainfall to turn the barren hills into a lovely and fragrant green forest teeming with life. Now that I think, is a true miracle of nature. Talking about fragrance, you can't smell the rain in Mumbai. In Jaipur, one can almost smell the earth begging the sky to quench her everlasting thirst. And when it finally rains, My God! The smell of the first few drops on the hot, dry earth. The smell is so sweet and melancholy it can bring tears to your eyes.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

An amazing post. Rain is the life giver to a romantic heart. I would love to experence an Indian monsoon. I can't think of anything more exhilerating than waiting an approaching storm. Winds, pushing out infront of the storm, hitting you fullfaced; carrying the scents of sweetgrasses and praire flowers infuzed with rain. Crash and rumble of lighting jumping from cloud to cloud. It starts slowly at first, a drop here, another there. Before you know it chilled drops of rain set your body alight, tingling as they hit all over your body.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 7:43:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i luv how well u have articulated this post...either tht or my imagination is pretty gud...

very well written...made me not only smell and see ...but also feel wt u were describing

i really luv the bit abt how u described jaipur having to beg for the rains...very very poetic...

pallavi sharma...take a bow

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 8:18:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you express yourself so beautifully.there is a pinch of perfection in every word you have written.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 6:26:00 pm  
Blogger this is me said...

my, my ketkus. you flatterer you.
thanks, btw. kiss from my side.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 5:13:00 pm  
Blogger vinay said...

hi....im so happy....i mean....there so many people in thz world...who thinks like me.....when it rains..i just go n stand in the rain.....get myself drenched...then shiver!!!!i love those simple moments....the smelll of soil after the first rain!!!it truly makes you feel good!!!!i have written something as well about thz..but slightly diffrent context..http://vinaykamal.blogspot.com/2006_02_01_vinaykamal_archive.html

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 3:09:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home