this is me

This blog is for me and my friends.I don't appreciate anonymous comments.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Jaipur, Rajasthan, India

Nothing can be said in absolute certainity.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Relationships

I always thought that if you have to work at a relationship- that you have to make a special effort at keeping it going, then it's just not worth it. What's the point of such a relationship, I would ask? In my mind it is always effortless and completely perfect. But Aditi says that you can't just give up at relationships, if things don't work out; that you have to work at all your relationships- no matter what kind they are. That got me thinking. Maybe there is something to it.
Perhaps there's something seriously wrong with my attitude. Maybe I'm too lazy/weird/idealistic or something. I find that I get very easily discouraged. i need to think about the reasons for this.

3 Comments:

Blogger billie said...

no- i agree- if a relationship is a lot of work- then it probably isn't the right one. having said that- there is a certain amount of work involved- it can't be completely one sided but real relationships work because both parties are willing to believe in each other and share mutual respect. if you have to work really hard at keeping a friendship or love relationship going, probably one of you isn't working enough- and you should re-evaluate.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 6:09:00 pm  
Blogger this is me said...

your advice is very apt, but you know, sometimes even after you put in lots of effort into something, that nagging doubt of "could I have done something better/different" is still there, even if you never admit it to yourself. I guess, at those times you need solid support from people who love you and care about you enough to support you and tell you that you're right and that your decisions are unselfish.

Friday, April 13, 2007 11:38:00 am  
Blogger chini said...

yeah, i guess you're too idealistic.
you'll never find your perfect person. if you would, that would be the end of it, what do you do after that?! its fun, working on things...relationships...after all, we have to pass our time doing SOMETHING! lol!
haven't got time to look at all your posts...when i come back.
and there's one new post on our blog... :-D
see you!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 4:23:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home