this is me

This blog is for me and my friends.I don't appreciate anonymous comments.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Jaipur, Rajasthan, India

Nothing can be said in absolute certainity.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Books

I finished The Old Man and The Sea and was spell- bound. I knew it was a classic, but I hadn't expected it to be so good. I can't pinpoint what exactly was so captivating about it. But there were times when I deliberately put the book down because it was too painful to keep reading. After an endless struggle, when the man finally reels the fish in, it seemed too simple to be actually real. And when the sharks came, it was just too painful to bear. It was as if they were biting away pieces of me and not the fish. Every time they bit into the flesh, it was my own loss. I swear, the pain was too intense to bear. I had to stop reading it to stop the hurt, even when my mind wanted to race ahead to reach the end. I really really enjoyed it. I recommend it to anyone who cares a whit for books.
Next on agenda is One Hundred Years of Solitude, also by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I have a ton of books lined up to be read, now that I'm home. My aunt wants me to start working in the office as soon as possible. Seems we are short staffed and in need of translators. But I don't want to fall in the trap. It's a thankless job. Have been translating English to Hindi since donkey's years.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ah!
How my mom would love to do this!

Hey hey hey!
Lets read the same books and share thoughts na!
kalimpong agenda.

I'll catch you at the book after you finish this one cos you know... my exams are STILL on.

lotsa lova,
chamki

Monday, April 23, 2007 10:17:00 pm  
Blogger Nicole Braganza said...

I love the passion that emerges in your thoughts....its quite infectious!

Thursday, April 26, 2007 2:58:00 am  
Blogger Chamki said...

lady, you have been tagged pls check post on me blog

Friday, April 27, 2007 10:54:00 pm  
Blogger Ire said...

Hallo! i was just reading aditi's blog& then i got a link to urs too! hmmm The Old Man and The sea is an awesome book...read it long time ago. Planning to reread it soon.I read all of the Penurious Pallavi ones& they were hilarious...hehe pardon me. Nice blog.

Thursday, May 03, 2007 9:20:00 pm  
Blogger bugs.honey and some said...

Hello?
update!!!

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 10:30:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home