this is me

This blog is for me and my friends.I don't appreciate anonymous comments.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Jaipur, Rajasthan, India

Nothing can be said in absolute certainity.

Friday, October 05, 2007

New End of Year Resolutions

It's been a long time. I think the longest ever break I took from blogging. But some nasty person who tried spamming me put me into action again. Plus I'm in touch with Scott again. I have very fond memories of Scott because his blog was one of the first I had visited when I'd just created my own. So, he too has set the creative process flowing.

Life moves forward everyday and at every instant. Most of the time this fact surprises me. Generally when I become aware of this fact, I try to better life and circumstances by doing things I don't actually have time for. Like calling a friend. Or reading a book. Or blogging. Funny how life encroaches upon time. I am very resolute that I don't want to be one of those people who lost out on their friends because they were busy with life and "stuff". And I don't want to be the friend everyone lost touch with. And I don't want to be the person who always had a sour disposition and regrets in life because she never got to the stuff she really wanted to because she didn't have time. I'm resolute that I have to make time no matter what.

I also don't want to be the person who wastes her time in stupid disappointments. But life has moved on now. And I don't want to be left behind. A relic from the past. But making the best of what you have, making a new beginning is not easy. It takes so much courage. So much that you don't know if you really have it in you. And you even make excuses. I said to myself, over and over again- This is not what I wanted for myself. This is not what I wanted to do with my life and for the rest of my life. And then the realization that you just need to accept it and move on takes guts. And then opening yourself to new ideas and especially to new people is what really kills you. You don't want to be vulnerable again. You want to go back to your old familiars. People you were safe with. But that's not gonna happen. Or maybe it will...in an ideal world.

These are all things I have talked to people in my life about at different times. Mahima, Aditi, Chamki, Surru, Scott. You have all given me lessons in life that I have begun to understand only know. I just want to thank you for caring enough to share pieces of you with me.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Pallavi,
I am soooo glad you have decided to write again. For some time now I have been feeling most unwanted.

Love,
Your Blog.

Friday, October 05, 2007 3:37:00 pm  
Blogger bugs.honey and some said...

heheheh ure back..wit avengeance??
glad ure back

Friday, October 05, 2007 4:54:00 pm  
Blogger MAHIMA said...

sexy sharma!
i don't want to be one of those people either.
:)
m.

Friday, October 05, 2007 6:56:00 pm  
Blogger Surabhi Pratap said...

u know sharma.....i always say mahima is inspiring.....! guess i hav never told u this......but everytime i read what u write.....it keeps me grounded n i feel i m not the only one who doesnt have a choice.... n then i start tellin myself "i m not like this...this is just not me.." n somehow i just feel inspired to write just like i feel inspired to create when i see mahima creating something.

A heart felt THANK YOU !

Monday, October 08, 2007 3:46:00 pm  
Blogger Chamki said...

Pallavi, you and me and me and you are not separate. We are just two parts of the same self looking at each other. like an eye that hasn't seen the other eye because of the nose and suddenly they do and then even if they don't see each other they know where they are and where the other part is.
Veils of maya, realisation and checking peoples blogs. Please go over to mine, there is stuff I'd like to say to you.

lotsa love,
I know you will keep in touch someway or the other.
chamki

Saturday, October 13, 2007 10:17:00 pm  
Blogger this is me said...

Chamki,
I'm always amazed by how much we understand exactly what we are always talking about.

Sunday, October 14, 2007 12:29:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

blog basanti blog

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 6:43:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home