this is me

This blog is for me and my friends.I don't appreciate anonymous comments.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Jaipur, Rajasthan, India

Nothing can be said in absolute certainity.

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Bout of Melancholia

I have for the past few days been hit by bouts of melancholy and just over all weirdness. On top of that, for some reason I feel my hormones have suddenly freaked out on me. I have not been able to control my emotions... Recently I saw a supposed romantic comedy ... P.S. I Love You and I wept! I was shocked at myself. I was bawling...crying my eyes over the movie, it was just the hormones working against me.

All middle class Indians go through a torture stage in their lives when their parents look for an eligible life partner for them. Continuing this delightful version of the Spanish Inquisition, my family too is hunting the four corners of India in search of a suitable match for me. High time i read A Suitable Boy.

Following are excerpts from my Bio data. I find them strange and unconvincing. All the facts are true, but it makes me wonder, do all these details make me eligible?

What is eligibility?

Would someone who read these, find me SUITABLE? If yes, then for what??

No one who reads this would ever know that I am a big Doors fan or that I can write creatively and equally well in both English as well as Hindi or that my friends gave me the nickname Sexysharma in college for my slightly risque sense of humour. Yet they would know that if they needed to spy on my family or me, they could contact any friend/relative/acquaintance in Jaipur and they'd have tolerably reliable information. Or if they wanted glowing references of my family name and background, they can contact any of the people listed at the end of this list...

Oh, btw, if you are viewing this post after 25.03.09, you'll find a severely edited version.

Name : edited

Date of birth : edited

Height : edited

Education : Educated at M.G.D. girls public school, Jaipur. Extremely
fond of reading and writing, she was elected for the post of secretary of the English Literary Society at Sophia College, Mumbai, from where she completed her graduation in March 2007. Having topped the College in English honours, she not only received numerous awards for her organization and creative writing abilities, she was also part of an Excellence in Arts program where she conducted field research which is now published and accepted by Mumbai University Library. Currently she is pursuing Fashion Designing at the Pearl Academy of Fashion, Jaipur

Personality : Graceful, very good looking, lively but family oriented girl
with keen sense of caring. She has been brought up in a joint family and is very attached to the family. She has always been very popular and well known in her school and college for her organizational capacity and helpful nature.

Family : We are a joint family of three brothers, staying together in Jaipur for the last fifty years. Our family business consists of Ayurvedic medicines, Newspaper, real estate, commercial complexes etc.

We are Gaur brahmins with a strong commitment for social work too. Our family runs several charitable institutions, including the oldest Higher Secondary school with a hostel in the Torawati region of Rajasthan. Besides this, our family has established a separate school for girls, a dharmshala, and a large temple in our ancestral village, where a lakhi mela is held every year.





Close
References:

:Sh. Bhairon Singh Shekhawat :Ex Vice President of India.

• Pt. Nawal Kishore Sharma : has been General Secretary of AICC and Minister of Petroleum in Rajiv Gandhi’s cabinet. Presently Governor of Gujarat.

• Sh. Rameshwar Thakur : C.A. and former Minister in Narsimha Rao’s cabinet. Presently Governor of Orrisa.

• Sh. Ashok Gehlot : Chief Minister of Rajasthan and former Tourism Minister in the central cabinet.

• Smt. Vasundhara Raje : Ex-Chief Minister of Rajasthan

• Sh. Bhuvnesh Chaturvedi : Former minister in PMO in Narsimha Rao’s cabinet.

• Sh. Gokul Prasad Sharma : of Bombay Hospital, Mumbai.

• Sh. Ramniwas Mirdha : Ex Telecommunication Minister, Govt. of India.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Archana said...

ohmigod, our restaurant licensing project is on ur matrimonial bio-data!
i miss u pallo rani.
and i cnt believe tht vasundhara raje is mentioned as a reference for you. just tell them to call one us if they want the real info.
btw, did u manage to find a copy of aidssutra?
archana

Saturday, March 07, 2009 11:24:00 pm  
Blogger this is me said...

Archana,

its been a while since you visited.
I know, its strange...But you know, I thought if I have to go ahead with this, let me atleast try and do as many things I can, my way. Hence the restaurant licensing....sure going to make for some interesting conversations in all the interviews.

I would send only someone I'm really really sure of to you and the gang for info. Because they wouldn't be getting info, they'd be getting the dirty, sleazy and sordid details of all that we used to do together...

Aidsutra is available in all bookshops...i saw it at crossword.
Haven't managed to save up for it, though. I'm broke and it's a hardback.

Monday, March 09, 2009 9:32:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Its nice to see people like you, who equally indulge in english and hindi writing and respect both.

I enjoyed and agree what you wrote about marriage for a girl in our homes.

I regularly read hindi articles like gulab kothari in patrika(though online only as I stay in mumbai).

I strongly believe that any educated person, even if he/she is in technical field should study humanities and give time to read and write.

Really nice to read you,

All the best for your life!

just to tell you how I landed on your blog: I got a proposal of marriage of a girl named Pallvi Sharma from Jaipur, I did google and found you, though you are not the one I was trying to search.

Thanks and Regards
Deepak

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 4:05:00 pm  
Blogger this is me said...

Dear Deepak,

thank you for you kind words. I try to be very honest in what I write. And I do truly appreciate good writing in both english and hindi, though my exposure to hindi is sadly limited.

Did you write the other email yourself, or is it paraphrased from somewhere? I would like to publish it on the blog without any copyright issues.

The world is a strange place. I guess my name is fairly common. Hope you find what you are looking for. And meanwhile do keep visiting the blog.

Thursday, March 19, 2009 11:27:00 pm  
Blogger this is me said...

Dear Deepak,

thank you for you kind words. I try to be very honest in what I write. And I do truly appreciate good writing in both english and hindi, though my exposure to hindi is sadly limited.

Did you write the other email yourself, or is it paraphrased from somewhere? I would like to publish it on the blog without any copyright issues.

The world is a strange place. I guess my name is fairly common. Hope you find what you are looking for. And meanwhile do keep visiting the blog.

Thursday, March 19, 2009 11:27:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pallavi,

Thanks for reply,

No that Hindi Article wasnt mine, It was written by Gulab kothari of Rajasthan Patrika. I think giving the source and credit you can publish it on your blog.

Further its not just me who appreciated your honesty and frank writing and natural thinking; one of my friend (female) could relate with everthing you wrote, and could imagine what your friends would be talking to you (as you wrote in blog).

One of my friend in chennai, whom I told about your blog, is also natural thinker and first person I had in mind after reading your blog was him, he also read your blog and was about to reply on all your posts, but didnt.

I would love to read your hindi writing too, irrespective of your comparatively low exposure to hindi than english.

And yes I am glad to meet you for whatever reason it was that I searched the name on internet.

I wish you too best and right one soon for you, (though your biodata (read references) may come handy for you to get a loksabha ticket from jaipur).

(just on lighter side :) )

Please keep writing so that we can keep reading.

Hope Jaipur is doing great..
Take care and enjoy life,

Wishes,
Deepak
(also Divya and Ronak)

Friday, March 20, 2009 3:18:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello,
i know i mentioned it in a mail to you, but i also wanted to put up a comment about how i think that its super-cool and not at all strange tht the project is mentioned on the bio. so much better than the one-dimensional stuff that is there on most marriage bios.
also, u can also refer to us any guy whom ur family loves and you can't stand.we'll feed him so much fiction he'll run back to his mommy before you can say "no dowry":)
Archana

Sunday, March 22, 2009 10:04:00 pm  
Blogger Surabhi Pratap said...

sharma.....i love this piece as i love the rest...but i choose to drop the comment BOMB here....haha....when do i see the "severely edited version"?

also.....to tell u how much i miss us together sitting on tht balcony n talking utter rubbish.....

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:35:00 am  
Blogger Surabhi Pratap said...

sharma....i love this piece......amazingly creative..the way u'v put up about the BIO-DATA..... u know how seriously even my family believes in it too....

so when do i see the "severely edited version" ?

also, send me a copy...just in case i find someone interesting enough for u..... :-)

also, i just ended writing a letter to u.....on paper.... will send u tom or day after.....mess me ur address tho i hav it somewhe....

one last thing......I WAS HERE!!!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:41:00 am  
Anonymous Archana said...

Hey I was reading this post again and I saw the phrase "lively but family oriented girl". Is there a contradiction between the two? :)

Thursday, April 30, 2009 11:59:00 am  
Blogger this is me said...

Hmmm..got me thinking too. Hadn't noticed this. I guess, typically Indian setups, joint families, typically traditional communities like marwaris, gujaratis or baniyas expect lively and social girls to be "modern" and "fast"... someone who will not be able to "adjust".

I guess this phase is meant to ease such fears, yet inform the reader of my natural charm and vivacity (which will {if things progress in the right direction} henceforth liven up their aangan {garden})
This is completely a game of hypotheticals and interpretations and generalizations. One can't really say anything with absolute certainity.

Saturday, May 02, 2009 3:21:00 pm  
Blogger Nicole Braganza said...

haha....oh my god....I didnt know you were still writing. This is pure entertainment! I have a LOT to say about you pallavi sharma. Way more interesting than this 'biodata'. Send the boys to nicola.

Sunday, May 17, 2009 11:54:00 pm  
Blogger this is me said...

Of course I'm still writing! Or at least I try to very hard!! These were a few questions that really bothered me a lot. I still don't have answers.

Do tell what you have to say about me. Hearing about myself is one of my best past times.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 8:22:00 pm  
Blogger Surabhi Pratap said...

trust me on that. i met NIcola and i dont think she has anything sober to tell.... so she just might end the little chance u have received from heaven to be married!!
her intentions are not very good darling!!!

Saturday, May 30, 2009 2:22:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home